On Incongruity

In life there are passengers, there are drivers, and there are those who fix the cracks left behind by those assholes....

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

things you shouldn't admit to

I was dealing with this deaf guy for an hour and a half today. He had a bunch of brain tumours that had taken away his hearing so while he spoke I had to write all of my replies/comments/questions on paper because he couldn't read lips. At the end of our session I cracked a joke (I had to write it down to convey to to him), and he started explaining himself as if he thought I was serious. So then I wrote "that was a joke", and "sorry" and he was like "i know!" as if I was the dumb one. I got really annoyed, because it was really lame to have to write "that was a joke", and just because he had a bunch of brain tumours my joke still deserved some appreciation god dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home