On Incongruity

In life there are passengers, there are drivers, and there are those who fix the cracks left behind by those assholes....

Friday, June 09, 2006

TGIF

I am not enjoying my job this summer. I can't imagine being a lawyer one day and having to be at the beck and call of so many losers. Why do people think practicing law is so great? You can make much more money doing other jobs and you can have lowbrows treat you like a slave with far less financial investment...so why do it? It must be that love of the law that I have yet to discover...that passion that burns deep inside when you're flipping through those god damn statutes (I never knew there was so much legislation, by the way....i used to have nightmares about having to fill an entire gymnasium with golf balls, one by one...and the nightmarish overwhelming nature of the golf ball task is similar to the thought of reading every statute that is applicable to someone in B.C.).

And P.S., I think I just want women as clients when I am finally a lawyer (if that ever happens). This whole "reasonable man" standard is crap...the reasonable man makes up, like, 5% of the population and god knows the reasonable man has never been an LSLAP client. Or owned a Rogers Wireless cell phone. Or visited the Wax Museum. (Ok, so I have to stop working in areas that deal with the public before I lose my mind).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how many people REALLY love their jobs. 5-10%, maybe? I suppose that's just reality though...at least we're not shoveling poop or desperate to make money in order to feed ourselves once a day...amazing, how many of us are so miserable despite having so much. I wonder if that comes with the territory?

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home