On Incongruity

In life there are passengers, there are drivers, and there are those who fix the cracks left behind by those assholes....

Thursday, July 20, 2006

romantical

Two of my special friends from undergrad used to say the word "romantical" instead of "romantic" because they just didn't know they were pronouncing it wrong. The funniest thing was that one of them must have learned the word from the other one, but we couldn't figure out who imagined the word first.

It was my four year anniversary today. I'm not at all romantic. I can't even say the word romantic without feeling like a goof, so I say "romannic". I bought Rob a card (because making an anniversary card is just way too corny for me) with 2 goldfish on the front. Inside it said "I'm glad you're here with me". See, that's tolerable. I almost bought a card with a monkey in a banana-shaped car on the front. Inside it said "You drive me bananas". I thought, "how unromannic...I love it". I knew that Rob would be hurt if I gave him a card with a monkey and a banana on it, so I chose a more "heartfelt" card. Isn't that what real love is all about? Awww.


Gag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home