On Incongruity

In life there are passengers, there are drivers, and there are those who fix the cracks left behind by those assholes....

Friday, January 27, 2006

harping away


The big Canadian news on CBC this a.m. was about a certain political leader's brief visit to a hospital last night. Ooo, ahhh--was it stress? Was it anorexia a la Olsen twin? Was it "exhaustion" a la LiLo? No, it was a good old-fashioned head cold. Apparently SH had asthma as a child, and wanted a doctor to "look at" his cold symptoms (which puts humourous visuals in my head--a team of doctors looking concerned and taking notes as they watch Stevo blow his nose and sneeze).

So this is what I have to say to Mr. Sniffles:
a) Stevo, if you actually go to the hospital every time you get the sniffles, I must again question your ability to run this country into the ground...I mean, strongly lead this country.
b) Stevo, if you were ACTUALLY at the hospital having your human blood replaced (because your creaky, robotic heart just ain't pumpin') you need to find a better excuse. Call me. I'm not good at lying myself, but I know I can come up with something better than a freaking cold.

The real kicker of this "news" story was when Mr. Sniffles made a jab at the wait times in our health care system. It took him an HOUR to get his cold "checked out". I know someone who has waited 10 hours to get a broken leg set, and one person who had to stay overnight in the waiting room to get symptoms of a heart attack evaluated. A friend who works in a particularly busy hospital has seen several people die while sitting in the waiting room for lack of beds and medical professionals.

So my tip for Mr. Sniffles is: Next time, go to a walk-in clinic and don't add to the wait times for people who actually need hospital services. Better yet, take Neo Citran and call it a night.

Bless you and gesundheit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just going to say (which you did)...why not try a walk-in clinic? Was this just a publicity stunt, to show the country that S.H. really is a "normal Canadian" who makes use of public healthcare? Give me a break.

And if I may thrust a jab before I close...aren't people with colds supposed to have suppressed appetites? Ohhhhhhh!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home